LTAC Winners Announced!
We are delighted to share the four winners of this year’s Legacy Trust Award Collection:
- Popular vote: Elaine Hoogeboom, So Good
- Popular vote: Phillip M. Siegel, Proud Parent — Giraffe
- Celebrity judges: Wesley DeVries, Outdoor Night Light
- Lillian Perry Walker award: Jodie Dilno, A Quiet Evening on Ottawa
Additionally, the work of 25 artists was sold during the show. As we receive checks, we will forward on to the artists. If your work was not sold or was not for sale, you will be receiving a letter with instructions on how to pick up your artwork.
Thanks to all the artists who submitted their work. As one of our judges noted after the selection process, it takes a lot of courage to even enter an art competition.
LTAC is back for year 8!
Back for its eighth year, the Legacy Trust Award Collection is a an art competition for adult artists with disabilities in advance of ArtPrize 2017, the radically open art competition that will be held Sept. 20 through Oct. 8 in downtown Grand Rapids.
Each year, Legacy Trust and sponsors in the business, arts and disability communities ask Michigan artists with disabilities to submit their best paintings, sculptures, photographs, drawings, collages and other works of art to a preliminary art competition. The winners, chosen by popular vote and by a panel of celebrity judges, receive a cash prize of $500 and sponsorship in ArtPrize.
Feature of LTAC this year:
- Grand Rapids Art Museum will host an artists’ reception for all participating artists and their immediate families May 22
- Grand Rapids Art Museum will also host the public vote, which is open to all May 23
- The Lillian Perry Walker Award, to honor the young woman whose spirit was the spark that brought LTAC to life in 2010 will be presented for the second year
- Winners will be announced on May 30.
Support the Legacy Trust Award Collection with a donation.
Interested in supporting LTAC as a sponsor? Contact email@example.com for sponsorships and donation information.