2017 Artist Registration is Now Closed
Back for its eighth year, the Legacy Trust Award Collection will take place in advance of ArtPrize 2017, the open art competition that will be held September 20 through October 8 in Grand Rapids.
Each year, Legacy Trust and sponsors from the business, arts and disability communities ask Michigan artists with disabilities to submit their best original paintings, sculptures, photographs, drawings, collages and other works of art to a preliminary art competition. The four winners, chosen by popular vote, by a panel of celebrity judges and by the LTAC Advisory Committee, each receive a cash prize of $500 and sponsorship in ArtPrize™.
How to Submit Artwork
Artists from all genres are invited to participate in the competition. All artists must submit an artist registration to Legacy Trust by April 24. All artwork must be completed and available for showing in Grand Rapids by 5 p.m. on April 28.
Following is a list of guidelines for submitting artwork:
- All participating artists must be a resident of Michigan and at least 18 years of age by April 3.
- All artwork must be original, attributable to the applicant and completed within three years prior to September 21, 2017.
- All artwork is subject to the “Official Rules for Artists-ArtPrize,” which can be found at www.artprize.org.
- The top four artists will retain ownership and all rights to their artwork, subject to the rules and restrictions of ArtPrize 2017. The artists agree to make themselves and their artwork available to LTAC and all partnering agencies and sponsors prior to and during ArtPrize for promotions and marketing efforts.
- The top four artists who receive the award will be entered into ArtPrize 2017 as a Legacy Trust Collection Award winner.
- LTAC artists agree that if their artwork wins any ArtPrize award, they will donate 25 percent of any award to create a special Legacy Trust Endowment Fund to continue arts programs for adults with disabilities in greater Grand Rapids.
- Winning artists will be notified by Legacy Trust by May 30 and will be entered into ArtPrize.
- There are no restrictions on artists who are not part of the Collection from entering ArtPrize on their own.
Artwork may be delivered by mail, UPS, FedEx or in person to Legacy Trust, 99 Monroe, Suite 600, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 49503 by 5 p.m. on April 28.