2017 LTAC Winners
We’re excited to see your creation!
Back for its ninth year, the Legacy Trust Award Collection is soliciting artwork from Michigan artists for its beloved competition in advance of ArtPrize. Four winning artists will each receive $500 and sponsorship for ArtPrize, the international art competition, scheduled this year Sept. 19 through Oct. 7 in downtown Grand Rapids.
The statewide competition is open to all Michigan artists with disabilities and seeks paintings, sculptures, photographs, drawings, collages, mixed media and other works of art. The four winners will be chosen by popular vote, a panel of celebrity judges and the LTAC Advisory Committee.
Artists must register with LTAC by Saturday, April 21 to be considered for the 2018 competition.
Following is a list of guidelines for submitting artwork:
- All participating artists must be a resident of Michigan and at least 18 years of age by April 3.
- Artwork must be original, attributable to the applicant and completed within three years prior to September 18, 2018.
- All artwork must be completed and available for showing in Grand Rapids by 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 21.
- All artwork is subject to the “Official Rules for Artists-ArtPrize.
- Each artist may only submit one (1) piece of art.
- No sets/collections of more than one piece will be accepted.
- Art should be framed and ready to display with wire hangers or rings.
- No sawtooth bars, please.
- The top four artists will retain ownership and all rights to their artwork, subject to the rules and restrictions of ArtPrize 2018. The artists agree to make themselves and their artwork available to LTAC and all partnering agencies and sponsors prior to and during ArtPrize for promotions and marketing efforts.
- The top four artists who receive the award will be entered into ArtPrize 2018 as a Legacy Trust Award Collection winner.
- LTAC artists agree that if their artwork wins any ArtPrize award, they will donate 25 percent of any award to create a special LTAC Arts Endowment Fund to continue arts programs for adults with disabilities in greater Grand Rapids.
- Winning artists will be notified by LTAC Arts by May 25 and will be entered into ArtPrize.
- There are no restrictions on artists who are not part of the Collection from entering ArtPrize on their own.
Please submit artwork along with registration forms by Saturday, April 21, to:
401 Hall St. SW Suite 463
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
When you arrive, please call 616.649.2818 and a representative will meet you at the front door. A handicap accessible ramp is available at the front door, off the Hall Street entrance.
Artists are responsible for picking up art no later than 4 p.m. on June 1, 2018 or for providing LTAC with prepaid postage for return mailing.